Monday, January 1, 2007

Auld Lang. . .whatever

A new blog for a new year, but why? Am I so egotistical as to believe that people really want to read my senseless ramblings? . . .maybe. In any case, the rambling begins here.

Do you ever feel stuck in a rut? Like your life was supposed to be something or mean something but you just got held-up along the way? 2006 really sucked. At the end of it I sit here as a 29 year old, former youth minister, still stuck in a low-paying dead-end job, still stuck in Denton, still stuck with the same frustations and stresses as last year, still just stuck. I used to tell the youth group that God had amazing and wonderful plans for their lives but I find myself doubting that those plans might ever apply to me. And with doubt comes confusion and disruption until you find yourself in a downward spiral of despair and depression.
I don't want to give the wrong impression, the content of my life is wonderful, it's the direction (or lack of direction) that's the problem. I have a beautiful, loving, supportive wife who I am absolutely in love with and a brilliant, adorable daughter who lights up the room when she walks in. It's not the people or the stuff or the ways that God provides for me. I have more blessings than I could ever count, but I can't escape the feeling that I am supposed to do more than just sit and wait.
SO . . . I am a man in search of a purpose, a direction, an outlet, a ministry. I need to be re-directed into something meaningful, even if it's small.
If you find it, let me know.

1 comment:

Marmee_Nonnie said...

And now you have taken the road less traveled and it is all part of God's plan. This will be interesting but we never know what he has in mind so go along for the ride. At the very least, when you are older, you will have great memories to share and you also don't know yet, how many new lives you might impact. I believe God always has a plan-sometimes to boost us up, but in all cases, to teach us something. We may not know what we have learned until much later, but the learning is happening. The three of you have embarked on a great journey, taken a great leap and it will be interesting to see where this turn in the road goes. I have faith in you. Keep your faith firmly planted and wherever this goes, it will expand your world. You are wonderful, all of you, and you have people who are here to support and love you all along the way. And you are no longer in a dead end job in Denton-that's for sure. (((((HUGS)))))